Sunday, September 25, 2005

Talking about the Two Sons...


The sermon hit me between the eyes...again. Which of the two sons did the fathers will...Matthew 21 has a series of lessons that one could spend months trying to understand the personal application, but the two sons hits really close to home for me.

Saying one thing and doing another is not the problem. Having an attitude of questioning and challenging authority is not really the problem. When Christ "peels this onion" for us, the issue is obedience.

I get it now.

Pastor, thanks for a thoughtful sermon...it hit me where I needed to be hit.

Pont

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Mike Kear said...

I agree, Pont, it was the right word at the right time.

I was also grateful for communion today. I didn't realize just how hungry I was for the spiritual body and blood of Christ until the table was set and the feast was served.

Fed with the sacrament, fed with the word. Thanks be to God.

Peace,

Mike

11:18 AM, September 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home