Thursday, October 20, 2005

Halloween

Ok, I know there are people out there that don't celebrate Halloween because it's an evil holiday and for those people, I say :-p "ptttttttthhhhhhhh! WHATEVER!"

Growing up Halloween was so fun. When else did you get to get all dressed up, have a party at school, and get so much candy your teeth hurt until Christmas! Some of my favorite costumes I remember were the clown, witches, oh then I was a punk-rocker--where I wore my mom's really really blue eyeshadow and red lipstick and my hair in a pony tail on the side of my head! Then towards the end of my dressing up years I started dressing up as the grim reaper. I made my own costume out of my older-taller brother's graduation robe (black of course) and I had a short black slip that had a slit in it so I wore this over my head and tucked it into the graduation robe. I pulled my long hair back into a pony tail so no one could see it. I painted my face white and outlined my lips and eyes in black eyeliner. I was around 16 or so at the time so I handed out candy dressed like this. It was so fun!

What are your favorite halloween memories?

5 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I dressed up once like a witch. I had a flowing black dress, big black witches hat, a green face, black fingernails, a long crooked nose with a big wart on it. I looked pretty good.

The strange part is that I was an adult and it was a church party. I kinda feel weird NOW about being a witch in a church.

6:08 AM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger the sojourning pilgrim said...

I don't really remember any of my costumes - went as a hobo most years, I think. That's pretty easy for guys to pull off.

My favorite memory is Mom and Dad going to a church Halloween party. Mom went as a witch, and dad as a convict (including ball and chain). Now that I look back on it, they may have been trying to communicate something else . . .

1:54 PM, October 22, 2005  
Blogger Leslee said...

I love it!

5:38 PM, October 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wnet a couple of times as a midgit...

11:35 AM, October 29, 2005  
Blogger Leslee said...

Ok...I think I would've paid money to see this. How did a man of your stature go as a midget?

7:35 AM, November 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home