Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Looking forward to Sunday - Already

I ran across some cute marquee quips a few months ago. I probably ought to put one out there this week. It said, "Good week to visit - pastor on vacation." The second week it read, "Shhhh - he's back!!"

Well, you good folks are in for a real treat this weekend. I will be out of town on vacation, and my good friend Mike Bumgarner will be preaching for us. He is thrilled at the opportunity, and expressed great thanksgiving for our invitation. He agreed to preach from the lectionary texts, and has already called me with his sermon title - are you ready for this - "The Hazards of a Rented Faith." Don't you love it? I will be torn on Sunday morning - good to be away, but wishing I were there to hear this message.

BTW - if it seems that I'm away a lot in the fall, that's only because that is actually the case. I rarely take any vacation in the spring or summer, and reserved it for the fall - time to harvest deer, hogs, and turkey. I certainly enjoy and appreciate the time away.

Pray for the services for Sunday, and pray for Mike Bumgarner. You'll love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home